Terms of Purchase
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Yes. All participants must be aged 18+ and photo ID will be required.
Socaholic is a private section partnered with UCOM Carnival.
A private section is responsible for managing their own costume production, collection of payments and is contractually responsible for delivery of your costume.
UCOM Carnival are responsible for delivering your “carnival experience”. That includes managing the logistics and providing entertainment, trucks, sound systems, food, drinks, stewarding, security staff, etc over the two days of carnival.
Socaholic and our partners at UCOM Carnival have teamed up with Playmas to manage your orders effectively. Once you have placed your order and created your Playmas account you can log in and make payments any time.
Only use your Playmas account to make payments. Any payments made by bank transfer, PayPal or any other means will not count towards your remaining balance and may result in you forfeiting your costume and payments made to date.
The deposit payment is 40% of the total value of the package you order and this is due at the point of ordering.
All costumes must be paid in full not later than 1st May 2023.*
Failure to meet this payment deadline will result in immediate cancellation of your order without notice. Deposits / payments to date are non-refundable and non- transferrable.
*This excludes individual costumes which have a separate payment schedule.
You must ensure the accuracy of all sizes and options submitted at the point of ordering.
All costume options / add-ons ordered are final and cannot be changed / upgraded once you have placed your order.
We will accept amendments to sizes only and any changes must be submitted no later than 1st March 2023.
After this date it will not be possible to make any further modifications to your order.
You can cancel your order at any time, although your deposit / payments to date are non-refundable.
If you wish to sell your package to another person, we will need written notification from you and the person the order is being transferred to.
Refunds are not possible on our products. From the point of ordering, garments and materials are ordered. All of our items are custom made to your size and specifications. All payments made against your costume go towards the production process, on the road costs and business overheads.
The resale of costumes is managed via the Playmas app. If you are not clear about any aspect of resales please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The costume distribution schedule will be emailed to all masqueraders, posted to our website and advertised on our social media channels.
Each section will have designated distribution dates.
After the final date for distribution, all uncollected costumes and payments to date will be forfeited and remain the property of Socaholic Limited.
Please ensure you check your email inboxes / junk / spam folders and social media platforms for distribution announcements.
- Please ensure that your package has been paid for in full before attending distribution. We are unable to receive payments during distribution.
- Packages must be collected by the person named in the order or by a confirmed designated representative. A confirmed designated representative may only collect on your behalf if your balance is paid in full.
- Check that the status of your order is “Paid In Full Confirmation” on the Playmas system. If this is not the case and you believe you have paid in full please contact us immediately. Do not attempt to collect your costume or package without the paid in full status on your account.
- Please attend your designated day for collection or any distribution day thereafter. Priority will be given to those collecting on their assigned days. Please try and collect on you assigned day to ease congestion and wait times.
- Please have your original valid photo ID ready when get to the front of the queue. This will help to speed up the process. We are unable to issue your package without production of a valid form of photo ID.
- A confirmed designated representative can collect your costume on your behalf but must be named on your Playmas account. They must have a copy of your photo ID this can be a paper or digital document.
- Without the above documentation, we are unable to release any costumes.
Your carnival experience is all-inclusive and you will be provided with refreshments for the duration on both days with breakfast, a hot lunch and snacks on Carnival Monday.
For your safety and enjoyment we recommend that you stay with the band at all times. The band is roped-off and fully staffed with security, stewards, road management and a police escort. There are mobile restrooms available on the road, on Carnival Monday only.
You are free to roam the band as you wish and mingle with friends in other sections, the only time we ask you to get into your section is when we move off and at the judging zone.
In the eventuality that Notting Hill Carnival is postponed or cancelled all costumes will be completed and distributed in August 2023. The value of the band fee (the costs excluding those of the materials and labour for the costume) will be deducted / refunded. The theme due for presentation in the cancelled / postponed year will not be carried over to the following year.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Please read our terms of purchase carefully before registering your interest with Socaholic. By registering with Socaholic you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. If you do not accept these terms and conditions then you may not participate at Notting Hill Carnival with Socaholic. In these terms “we”, “us”, “our” or Socaholic and “you” and “your” refers to you as a participant at Notting Hill Carnival with Socaholic. We may modify these terms, for any reason at any time, by posting a new version on our website; these changes do not affect rights and obligations that arose prior to such changes. Your continued use of our website or any of our goods or services following the posting of modified terms will be subject to the terms in effect at the time of your use. Please review these terms periodically for changes. If you object to any provision of these terms or any subsequent modifications to these terms or become dissatisfied with our website, goods or services in any way, your only recourse is to immediately terminate use of our website, goods or services.